Sunday, July 21, 2013

VISUALIZATION by JRC

7-21-13

Visualization, or imaginary relaxation is an excellent form of meditation. I used it recently and it proves to be very effective. First, you start with a scene, preferably a relaxing place that’s easy to describe. I use the beach. So I start by pretending that I am at the beach. I start to describe the scene. i ask myself what does the ocean look like? It looks like a thousand glimmering crystals with half of the sun sneaking below the horizon. And then I describe nearly every detail. My chair is blue and yellow striped. It is a reclining chair, where I am leaning back. The sand feels cool on my bare feet. A glowing crab inches sideways across my path. I look up at the navy blue sky and in this moment, I am happy. That’s how you relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment